VIRGINIA FEDERATION OF GARDEN CLUBS, INC. NATIONAL GARDEN CLUBS, INC.
The Virginia Federation of Garden Clubs, Inc. (VFGC) was organized on March 16, 1933, and incorporated on June 18, 1966. The VFGC is a member of National Garden Clubs, Inc. (NGC), which includes all 50 states and the National Capital Region as well as 38 National Affiliate members and 375 International Affiliate members. The VFGC consists of six districts: Blue Ridge, Piedmont, Shenandoah, South Central, Southwest and Tidewater. Williamsburg is in the Tidewater District. State Headquarters are located at the Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens in Richmond, Virginia.
Along with NGC, the VFGC provides education and offers schools, classes, libraries, videos and tapes for members’ use. The VFGC encourages each district, city and club to work on projects that will promote education, conservation and beautification in the community. Most of the member clubs of the Council are members of the VFGC.